Event – November 5 2009
The legal and human rights context of abortion is the focus of a conference taking place at NUI Galway this week.
Hosted by NUI Galway’s Irish Centre for Human Rights in conjunction with the Irish Family Planning Association the conference on Thursday November 5th will offer both Irish and global perspectives on the issue of abortion. Professor William Schabas, Director of the Irish Centre for Human Rights, will provide the introduction to the conference.
- Joanna Erdman, International Reproductive and Sexual Health Law Programme, University of Toronto
- Christina Zampas, Senior Regional Adviser and Legal Adviser for Europe Centre for Reproductive Rights
- Aminata Toure, Chief on Gender, Culture and Human Rights, UNFPA
- Eileen Fegan, law lecturer, Queen’s University Belfast
- Natalie McDonnell, legal consultant, Irish Family Planning Association and law lecturer at University College Dublin.
For full programme see http://www.nuigalway.ie/irish-centre-human-rights/events/conferences/