There are currently no course dates scheduled. Please check back at a later date.
The IFPA has been offering training for medical professionals since 1977. Our Contraception Foundation Course for Nurses and Midwives provides the knowledge and skills to deliver a family planning service of high medical standard.
This two-day course:
- caters to the specific needs of nurses and midwives
- consists of theoretical and practical training
- is facilitated by IFPA Medical Director with input from field experts
- is delivered over two days, with 1.5 days theoretical training and a half day practical training
- is approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland, Category 1
- hormonal contraception
- emergency contraception
- intrauterine contraception
- permanent and barrier contraceptive methods
- unintended pregnancy
- abortion and care pathways
- heavy menstrual bleeding, endometriosis and PCOS
- sexually transmitted infections, including HIV
The 2023 Contraception Foundation Course for Nurses and Midwives is expected to run in the Autumn. Please check back for information on our next training courses.