The IFPA has been offering training for medical professionals since 1977. Our Contraception Foundation Course for Nurses and Midwives provides the knowledge and skills to deliver a family planning service of high medical standard.
This two-day course:
- caters to the specific needs of nurses and midwives
- consists of theoretical and practical training
- is facilitated by IFPA Medical Director with input from field experts
- is delivered over two days, with 1.5 days theoretical training and a half day practical training
- takes place in Dublin city centre
- is approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland, Category 1
- hormonal contraception
- emergency contraception
- intrauterine contraception
- permanent contraceptive methods
- crisis pregnancy
- heavy menstrual bleeding
- sexually transmitted infections including HIV
Our next Contraception Foundation Course for Nurses and Midwives will take place on Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th September 2020 in Dublin. The cost is €400. To register, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and payment instructions.