The IFPA has been offering training for medical professionals since 1977. Our Contraception Foundation Course for Nurses and Midwives provides the knowledge and skills to deliver a family planning service of high medical standard.
This two-day course:
- caters to the specific needs of nurses and midwives
- consists of theoretical and practical training
- is facilitated by IFPA Medical Director with input from field experts
- is delivered over two days, with 1.5 days theoretical training and a half day practical training
- takes place in Dublin city centre
- is approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland, Category 1
- hormonal contraception
- emergency contraception
- intrauterine contraception
- permanent contraceptive methods
- crisis pregnancy
- heavy menstrual bleeding
- sexually transmitted infections including HIV
Our next Contraception Foundation Course for Nurses and Midwives will take place on Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th April 2021. This course is fully booked. If you are interested attending our next course can you please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will revert back when dates have been arranged for our next course.