The IFPA has been offering training for medical professionals since 1977. Our Contraception Foundation Course for Nurses and Midwives provides the knowledge and skills to deliver a family planning service of high medical standard.
This two-day course:
- caters to the specific needs of nurses and midwives
- consists of theoretical and practical training
- is facilitated by IFPA Medical Director with input from field experts
- is delivered over two days, with 1.5 days theoretical training and a half day practical training
- is approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland, Category 1
- hormonal contraception
- emergency contraception
- intrauterine contraception
- permanent and barrier contraceptive methods
- unintended pregnancy
- abortion and care pathways
- heavy menstrual bleeding, endometriosis and PCOS
- sexually transmitted infections, including HIV
Please check back for information on our next training courses.