The Irish Family Planning Association (IFPA) is Ireland’s leading sexual health provider, providing contraception, specialist pregnancy counselling, advocacy, abortion care, sexual and reproductive health services and training.
We provide a wide range of services at our medical clinics and nationwide counselling centres and are committed to advocating to ensure that every person in Ireland who needs reproductive healthcare has access to quality services with dignity.
The IFPA is a pro-choice organisation and supports a woman’s own decision in all cases.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Vacancy: Women’s Health Doctor
Contract: Part-time, or full-time sessional
Salary: €104,000 per annum pro rata
An opportunity has arisen for a part-time or full-time sessional Women’s Health Doctor in the IFPA Clinic in Cathal Brugha Street.
· Provide contraceptive and other medical services in accordance with best medical practice
· Provide early medical abortion care as outlined in the HSE’s model of care
· Provide cervical and primary healthcare STI screenings
· Diagnose, give advice and appropriate referral on medical gynaecology such as treatment for premenstrual syndrome, menstrual disorders, menopausal problems, pelvic pain and infertility
· Diagnose and give advice and appropriate referral for problems in early pregnancy, e.g., miscarriage, ectopic pregnancies
· Analyse all medical screening results and ensure appropriate follow up
· Time is allocated for admin to ensure departure at end of session
The successful applicant will require:
· Full registration with the Irish Medical Council
· Medical Defence Insurance
· Certificate in Contraception
· Experience in family planning and sexual health
· Certified smear taker
To apply, click here.
A panel may be formed for the filling of future vacancies.