Vacancy: Specialist Pregnancy Counsellor
The Irish Family Planning Association (IFPA) is Ireland’s leading sexual health provider. We provide a wide range of services at our medical clinics and nationwide counselling centres, including specialist pregnancy counselling, abortion care, sexual and reproductive health services, and education and training.
We are committed to ensuring that every person in Ireland who needs reproductive healthcare has access to high-quality services. As a pro-choice organisation, we support a woman’s decision in all cases.
We are seeking a suitably qualified counsellor to join our specialist pregnancy counselling team. This is a part-time position (24 hours/3 days per week), based between the IFPA’s Dublin clinics (Cathal Brugha Street and Tallaght).
The counsellor will provide clients with non-directive and non-judgmental counselling, support and information. This includes information on all their options, including abortion care, parenting and adoption. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Head Counsellor and Supervisor, and where necessary, the IFPA clinical teams.
The successful applicant will require:
- A counselling qualification of at least Level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications, or equivalent
- Accreditation with the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP), Irish Association of Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy (IAHIP), Family Therapy Association of Ireland (FTAI), or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years post-accreditation counselling experience
- Knowledge and experience of pregnancy counselling, and sexual and reproductive health
- An understanding of child protection and welfare regulations and protocols
- Knowledge and experience in the provision of trauma-informed care
The salary for this position is €28,976 per annum. Benefits include: One-to-one and group supervision/case management, support for continuous professional development and a supportive and collaborative team environment.
All applicants must complete an IFPA Application Form and submit a cover letter which outlines their motivation, suitability, and aptitude for the position. CVs will not be accepted.
Please send completed applications to Roisin Venables, Head Counsellor and Supervisor (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). The closing date for application is 5:00pm Friday 7th May 2021.