The Irish Family Planning Association (IFPA) is Ireland’s leading sexual health charity. We provide a comprehensive range of services on a non-profit basis specifically designed to promote sexual health and support reproductive choice, including high quality medical, pregnancy counselling and education and training services. The IFPA is an equal opportunities employer.
The IFPA is recruiting a doctor (one, two or three days a week) for its clinics in Cathal Brugha St, Dublin 1 and/or The Square, Tallaght. The doctor will provide sexual and reproductive health services in accordance with best medical practice.
The doctor will:
- Advise clients and provide all forms of contraception (training in long-acting reversible methods will be provided if necessary)
- Provide early medical abortion services
- Provide cervical screening
- Provide STI screening
- Diagnose, give advice and appropriate referral on medical gynaecology such as treatment for menstrual disorders, menopausal problems, pelvic pain and infertility
- Diagnose and give advice and appropriate referral for problems in early pregnancy, e.g. miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy
- Analyse all medical screening results and follow up on clinical investigations appropriately
The IFPA is a pro-choice organisation and always supports its clients’ own decisions about their pregnancies.
- Irish Medical Council registration
- Medical defence insurance
- Certificate in contraception
- Registered smeartaker
To apply, send a CV by email to email@example.com with the subject line “doctor recruitment”.
Terms & Conditions:
- €104,000 per annum for a 35 hour working week pro rata plus a Saturday supplement.
- No unsociable hours.