“This training has really equipped me with the knowledge on sexual health and contraception I need to help the people I work with.”
The IFPA offers a comprehensive one-day training on the basics of sexual and reproductive health.
This training is recommended for those in the health, education, youth, social or community sectors, or for anyone who wants to know more about sexual health.
The fee for this training is €125 per person.
Course attendees can opt to purchase the IFPA Safer Sex Display Kit at a heavily subsidised price. The kit is designed for the use of professionals delivering sexual health information sessions and contains printed and practical resources including sample contraceptives and display models. The combined fee for the training plus the kit is €160.
• Legislation and Consent: Exploration of the concept of consent and the legal issues relating to consent in the Irish context.
• Unintended Pregnancy: Defining and exploring all options and services available.
• Contraception: Workshop on the different types of contraception now available and guidance on the practice of safer sex.
• Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (Delivered by HIV Ireland): The main symptoms, transmission and treatment options for the most common STIs in Ireland.
• Safer Sex, Condom Use and Negotiating: Practical workshop on effective condom use and condom use negotiation strategies.
• FGM: The IFPA provides a specialist service for women who have experienced FGM. Learn more about this free sexual and reproductive health services available.
Organise a Course
If you would like to organise an in-house course for your organisation, please complete the inquiry form. A member of our Education and Training Department will respond to your inquiry.