Join Ireland’s Leading Voice on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
Who we are
Motivated by the suffering caused by the State’s blanket ban on contraception, the Irish Family Planning Association (IFPA) was established by seven volunteers in 1969. Since then the Association has been to the fore in setting the agenda for sexual and reproductive health and rights both in Ireland and internationally.
The IFPA’s mission is to enable people to make informed choices about their sexual and reproductive health and to understand their rights. Read more.
What we do
The IFPA offers a comprehensive range of services which promote sexual health and support reproductive choice on a not-for-profit basis:
If you support the mission of the IFPA, we invite you to support our work by becoming a member.
Types of membership: organisation (€50 per year), waged (€25 per year) and unwaged (€10 per year).
- Be part of Ireland’s leading voice for sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Demonstrate your commitment to the promotion of sexual and reproductive rights and health in Ireland and throughout the world
- Inform our work, policies and strategies
- Receive regular information updates including our weekly e-newswire (SRHR news and opinion) and quarterly e-newsletter (IFPA news)
- Take part in our events
- Support our campaigns
- Attend our annual AGM (put forward and vote on motions, nominate and vote for IFPA Board Members)
- Access to our expertise on sexuality and health
Membership is subject to approval. Please complete the form below and we will contact you with further details.
The IFPA is both a charity and a limited company registered in accordance with Irish law.
Please note that the fields marked with '*' in the form below are mandatory.
I have read the IFPA Mission Statement and agree to support the work and aims of the Association. I apply for membership of the IFPA and agree to pay an annual subscription until such time as my membership shall cease. Membership can be ceased by contacting the IFPA by email at email@example.com.